Guy is an experienced Retirement Income Planning Advisor specializing in retirement income solutions. Guy has been assisting clients working in the government and private sectors with their personal financial needs since 1998. As a long-time member of the Financial Planning Association, Guy has also provided pro-bono financial advice to individual clients in the Washington Metropolitan area.
Guy is a native of Washington, DC, currently residing in northeast Florida. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and an Associate's Degree in Finance. Guy holds FINRA Series 6, 7 and 66 licenses as well as Life, Health, and Variable Annuity state licenses. Guy completed the CFP certificate education program through Virginia Commonwealth University and strongly believes in financial services continuing education. He has earned the following industry professional designations:
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF)
- Behavioral Finance Advisor (BFA)
- Certified Funds Specialist (CFS)
- Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP)
- Life Underwriting Training Council Fellow (LUTCF)
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP)
- Retirement Management Advisor (RMA)
Guy served on active duty with the US Army and retired from the US Air Force Reserves after a combined 23 years of military service. He is also retired from the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, DC, after having provided 29 years of public service. Guy is an active member of the American Legion, the Fraternal Order of Police, Association of African American Financial Advisors, and the Association of Former OSI Agents.